Interview With Hugo Messer CEO Of Ekipa.Co
Hi my name is Sotiris Bassakaropoulos I would just like to thank you for joining me for this short interview
What is your name?
My name is Hugo Messer
What is your position in the company Hugo?
My position is the co-founder CEO
I would like to ask you 5 short questions Hugo if that will be okay?
That will be fine Sotiris.
Okay then so lets start with No1
- What would be your companies mission statement Hugo? To democratize remote collaboration.
- If I was to ask you what makes your company stand out from your nearest competitors what would you say?
We are in between 2 existing businesses: online freelance marketplaces like Upwork and traditional IT firms like Accenture.
We are different from both on 4 major points:
– we have expert software teams on our online marketplace. No freelancers
– all teams are vetted
– we match projects with teams that have built similar software for clients like you
– we support the collaboration with personal service.
3.What is the most common request you get generally on your company website.
Most requests are for full time dedicated teams that work longer term on a software product. Most of our customers are software product firms (sometimes startups, but mostly mature software firms). These teams can work on any technology, but the most common teams that work for our customers work on the major platforms like .net, php, Java, ios and android.
- Who is your ideal client and how can you help them?
Our ideal customer is a software product firm that has over 100 employees and makes steady turnover. We help them by selecting a dedicated scrum team that has experience working as a team on similar products. Once the team is selected, we support them in the remote collaboration with our Bridge Method. We do a workshop to create a ‘communication roadmap’. This covers everything from the development process, coding standards, meeting rhythm up to a concrete plan on building a real team spirit. Then we assign an Ekipa expert to facilitate the collaboration; he’ll check in through skype every week (or more if needed) to ensure that the collaboration works smooth.
- I used to live in Holland many years ago, but I am just curious as to why you chose to launch your company in Schiphol in Holland. As many companies now operate from India and other countries where operating costs are cheaper.
I am a Dutch guy, living in the Netherlands, that’s why our head office is in the Netherlands. But we have our main office in Cochin, India, where 50 people work. That’s where the development and marketing, the ‘real action’ takes place. I have lived in India for almost 2 years setting up our office. The past years, I have run our service firm from the Netherlands, but as Ekipa is a global platform, I am now considering moving abroad again. Today, it doesn’t matter where I’m doing my work, I can work from any place on earth.
Thank you Hugo for going into more detail on that as it gives us all a much clearer picture about your company.
Anything else you would like to mention Hugo?
Yes indeed Sotiris.
If you have any software product you need built, please drop me an email (email@example.com) so we can discuss the stage you’re at and how Ekipa could help you build great software. You can also download some free ebooks (http://www.ekipa.co/ebooks) about managing remote teams, which I have personally written.
End Of Interview
Are You Your Own Worst Enemy In Your Business?
This is dedicated to all the people out there who know That they are their own worst enemy when it comes to their business.
Now What Are You Gonna Do About It!!
The first thing they teach people when they visit an AA workshop for addiction is you need to realise the problem. Thankfully I never had any of those type of addictions but admitting where you are falling short will help you to shine a light in the direction you need to go.
There are so many capable people out there who just don’t discipline themselves as much as they should, 😉 Myself included, truth is discipline is a very big trait that you will find in anyone who has had significant success in business. and yes I do and have had a lot of discipline but sometimes it escapes me for a short time. And of course this is the time when I do less production and generate less success inside my businesses.
The thing is if you want to live a life of your dreams you need to get back up and onto the road of disciplining yourself or getting someone else to hold you accountable for your actions or lack of them. I remember a long time ago listening to one of my mentors. He said you just need to go off track a few millimetres and in a year you will end up on the opposite side of the earth. Remember changing your daily actions a little likely will not kill you. But going off course for a year in your health or financial commitments in the wrong direction could end up killing you or a family member. Sometimes you gotta just nip things in the bud when they start going off course.
First thing you need to do is don’t lie to yourself. Do you ever hear that inner voice telling you things are going to be fine, yes trying to convince yourself. Even when another part of you inside is practically screaming knowing you are on a disaster collision course.
If you haven’t already looked at this post check it out this is some of the most valuable information that everyone should have to listen to in school. Instead of wasting years doing stupid algebra equations.
What is your destination IE. where are you going?
1. Where are you planning to live ?
2. What cars are you planning to own?
3. How do you see your finances in the future?
4. How do you see your family relationships in the future?
5. What are your short term plans?
6. What are your long term plans?
7. What steps do you need to take on a hourly, daily, weekly monthly basis to achieve these things?
Remember Failing To Plan Is Planning To Fail.
Have you ever got on a ship and not asked where is it’s destination? Of course not though many people drift along in life with no clue about where they want to go.
Of course their chances of getting to an unknown destination are pretty big what about you?
Where are you heading!!
Did you take the action steps required today to get your Business, Finances, Relationships And Health where they need to be in the future?
If not then sit down take some time to reflect and write out a plan in fact follow the Jim Rohn Post I made earlier believe me you will probably have a huge breakthrough.
Some other questions you need to ask yourself .
Have I created all the content required for my business recently?
Have I put my business in front of a large audience of people IE Advertising?
Putting myself in the audiences shoes would I like what I have to offer?
What value am I creating for my clients or customers and prospects?
Is my product good and does it do what is says on the tin?
Hope you got some value from this
Please feel free to post any comments you have below
Are You Your Own Worst Enemy In Your Business?
The Coupon Industry is one of the most competitive industries at the moment, and only few of the thousands of coupon websites out there have succeeded, today we are going to interview Susan Taylor about her success and how she has managed to make rebateszone.com a success website when others have failed miserable.
Please tell us about rebateszone.com and how it helps the users?
Well, Rebateszone.com is a coupons website, we have over 12,000 stores on our website, our team at rebateszone verify the coupons on daily basis for all of the listed stores, it’s our guarantee that we will only provide working deals and coupons on our website, rebateszone helps users to save money on their order, let me explain, for example, if a user purchases a product from backcountry.com and his total is $120, now he can get a discount of about 10% on his order, by using a backcountry coupon from this page, so basically rebateszone helps users to save money.
2) When did you start Rebates zone, and what was the initial investment?
It was started back in 2013, and the initial investment was just $5k, yes that is right, I was very short on budget especially considering the bigger budgets of coupon websites, that money was invested in design, hosting etc. despite small investment we did really well, especially when I look the position of my company now.
3) What is your marketing strategy and how you succeeded when you had such a small budget?
To be honest, in the start I never tried to compete with big coupon websites, my main purpose was just to create a coupon website with best user experience, mainly when you look at coupon website you’ll find lots of expired deals and coupons, when I created the coupon website my main target was to provide tested coupons to users at one place. In my opinion, small budget doesn’t count as long as you’ve determination to make your project successful.
My marketing strategy wasn’t any different from any other coupon website, I did Facebook ads and used PPC to get targeted visitors, in my view your marketing strategy will only succeed when you’ve a solid product, so my tip for all the people who are reading this interview is that firstly make a solid product that you think people will love and then think of marketing it.
4) Tell us that how Rebates zone generated revenue?
Rebates zone gets affiliate commision for every sale that is done through our website, whenever user purchases by using our affiliate link then we get paid for that.
5) What are your Future plans?
Currently, rebates zone is in 50 coupon websites on internet and my aim is to get into top 10 coupon websites by the end of this year.
Climate Change Something To Worry About Or A Load Of B@lls
I hear about it all the time and peoples attitudes to it. It’s kinda like mad cow’s disease something created to be able to put more controls on people and society’s. And all the sheep believe it. Don’t get me wrong I think there is lots to be concerned about in this world. But climate change is not one of them.
The story is the world is getting so hot because of CO2 what a bag of bull.. If you want to know the real reason for the climate change frenzy here it is.
New Taxes on Planes and non Eco friendly things like plastic bags.
Bill Gates and his cronies get free reign to spray us with Aluminium(which causes Alzhiemers) Barium and all sorts of Flue Vaccines and who knows what other BS. To cool the earth right?? Hmm. Last thing I heard he was a population control fanatic is it really about the weather? Or murdering Millions of people?
The truth is many people have no idea what is being done to them with chemtrails, plane travel, Vaccines,GMO’s,Monsantos Roundup Being Sprayed everywhere. Personally where I live in Northern Ireland it is getting colder. It could be due to Billy The Kids Poisonous chemtrails which block out the sun which creates life on this planet via photosynthesis.
Or hey who ever thought of it hmm. It could be the sun? It being a load of exploding gases and all. Could the tempurature jump about a little. As for the wild storms etc what about the Harp weather distortion might that have any effect.
I even hear people who are very sensible generally talking about climate change. I think if you are really concerned about our climate then. Close down all the oil companies and their pollution Get rid of the toxic military weapons and Nuclear Power Plants.
Stop allowing forests to be destroyed and start buying land and plant a forest around your property. When people talk about climate change to me it’s like telling me 5 men from caves called Al Quaeda blew up the twin towers. See what a CIA insider says. If a plane caused the buildings to fall explain this video?
Who where the suspects of 911
It was george bush and his cronies pulling an insurance scam, and getting another reason to invade to get more oil and stick in another central bank in places where it wouldn’t have been accepted. And make his mate’s company Haliburton Billions in the process.
Climate change is just another scam and you can be sure of one thing. It won’t be of any benefit to you. So next time you see some corporation employees going round with a collection box looking for money for climate change. Waken Up… To the big picture.
Climate Change Something To Worry About Or A Load Of B@lls
You Tube – Is Your Account An Accident Ready To Happen
Have you recently, or ever had a You Tube account or are you even thinking about creating one in the future?If you have then this post is definetely for you!!
I am a great believer in life teaching you by your mistakes as well as other peoples mistakes but you have to get the lesson in order to benefit from it.
The interesting thing is many of lessons may only be one off. If you miss the learning or don’t get it then there may not be another opportunity in fact in some extreme cases not getting the learning could be fatal. I think I have posted or mentioned this subject before but I got a couple of reminders recently and thought it was definetely something that could benefit any You Tube channel owners out there. This post may not get me any brownie points from You Tube but I really think that You / my readers should really understand this lesson as it could cost you thousands of dollars and years of your time if you do not get the point by the end of this post.
At the end of the day You Tube is owned by Google and they are looking out for their own interests and not for yours, some people do not get this but unfortunately that is completely the truth.
What does this mean
7 Things You Need To Know
1. They do not care if you make any money or not from your You Tube Channel
2. The only time they might want you to make money is when you are sharing their adverts on your You Tube channel and they are splitting the profits with you.
3. There are lots of competing channels out there and many of them will use honest or dishonest tactics to out do or get rid of their competition.
4. There are lots of trolls about who go around disliking and flagging videos to get peoples You Tube accounts banned or make them less popular
5. When you contact You Tube about a banned account most of the time it never gets reinstated Unless you had a huge audience and a large You Tube Ad Revenue from the videos, or you get thousands of your subscribers to complain to You Tube about your account being banned if you have access to them via your email list.
6. When you upload a video to You Tube remember you have no control over it anymore as You Tube host the videos, so if they decide to delete your channel then tough luck your content and income from that account is gone forever.
7. In fact it has got so bad there are even gigs on Fiverr where people can buy You Tube dislikes and who know’s what else.
What can you do to protect your You Tube video content?
1. Get a list of all your subscribers by making a video offering them a free gift in exchange for their email address.
2. Every video you make save it to a hard drive or computer or at the very least upload it to different video hosting websites.
3. Create separate businesses and create a new You Tube account for each one that way if one account gets banned all your content doesn’t dissapear in one go.
4. In each different You Tube account use a different URL otherwise they will assume all your accounts are for one business and shut all your accounts down in one swoop.
5. Be careful never to have any copyrighted content in your video even a car driving by with music playing in the background could get your video deleted or your account banned permanently.
6. Don’t think your account will be fine – They have so many crazy rules and regulations and moody employees who might be having a bad day, never assume your channel will be live the next day, week or year. In other words do not rely on it as your only source of income or you may be heading for financial disaster.
7. As well as uploading to You Tube and other video hosting services make sure you also setup a payed video hosting account with Amazon S3 It costs pennies and will keep all your content and memorabilia safe as long as you pay the cheap hosting every month.
8. Anything commercial or even slightly salesy can get you banned or a strike on your account so if in doubt upload it with the software below and post the video on your blog plus create a separate YT channel for it.
9. Here is a software I Use when I upload every single video it sends it to my Amazon S3 account as well as You Tube accounts so if one of my You Tube accounts dissapear I still have the video live on my other blogs or websites too.
Of course as well as having your own video hosting you need somewhere safe that you can put your videos, yes you also need a home online for your business and that is where you blog or website comes in.
Remember What I said about learning from other peoples mistakes as well as your own ?
Here is a few reasons why you need to learn from them
A number of years ago a teenager flagged one of my videos for no reason it had 4000 positive comments apart from his and over 20,000 views it was showing people how I managed to get 30,000 Followers on Twitter step by step.
You Tube deleted my video and when I asked them to reinstate it they deleted my whole You Tube account this included videos making me a couple of thousand dollars a month and about 300 videos in total. Videos of my 103 year old grandmother before she died and lots of other precious personal videos. I asked them to please reinstate my account but they would not give me a clear reason and sent me to their terms and conditions page, where it basically said they can delete your account for whatever reason they want and do not actually need to give you a valid reason.
I was at my friends mothers funeral the other day and was talking to his nephew he told me he had videos flagged for no reason and was worried in case his YT account was going to get banned. As the warnings he was getting made no sense at all.
A friend and member of my team was on holiday for two weeks and some trolls also flagged his videos so while he was away his You Tube account was suspended. It had tens of thousands of subscribers over 1000 Videos and over 6 million views.
Luckily You Tube decided that when he contacted them that he hadn’t broken their Terms of Service(whatever they are Hmmm) and they reinstated his You Tube Channel Again Thankfully.
In fact you can see the email I received which he sent out to his email list today..
Here is what other Marketers Have To Say About Their Experiences
If you haven’t got your own video hosting or your own blog then it is like building your house in your neighbours garden. Good luck with that if you are trying to set up a serious successful business online.
To upload 1000 You Tube videos and edit them could take you 5 years even though You Tube may be Free you need to put a value on the time you spent creating them and believe me it is a lot more than a few dollars a month for a blog and autoresponder, and a couple of hundred dollars for the video software you need to convert them.
N.B. Remember You Tube can wipe out all this work in 1 minute..
P.S. Listen I am not telling you not to use You Tube I am just telling you to have a backup plan in place. The fact is you can get a lot of free traffic from You Tube and there are lots of ways to make money from your videos as long as your account is not banned.By some trigger happy troll, competitor or You Tube employee who is having a bad day. If you are in anyway serious about your online business though! I would suggest putting some of the safeguards or even all of them in place. That way all your content and years of work will be safe.
You Tube – Is Your Account An Accident Ready To Happen
9 Reasons To Be Consistent In Your Online Business
When you look at people who have the most success when running an online business one of the big attributes that they all have in common is that they generally remain consistent when it comes to running their online business.
1. When it comes to doing anything actions speak louder than words when building a team or a customer base people will generally do what you do and not what you say. So when you are consistent in what you are doing other people will follow your example. Yes they will do what you do but not necessarily what you say.
2. People who are consistent generally achieve much better results than people who are not consistent. So choose which one you are going to be.
3. Video Marketing – By regularly posting a Video on our You Tube channel or blog you will create a huge amount of content and when done consistently over a number of months or years. It will drive lots of targeted people to your videos, products and or website if done correctly .
4. Facebook Marketing – Sharing valuable information consistently on Facebook and regular interactions will help build your authority in your niche or business and also get more people to know like and trust you. Which means more subscribers, sales and business coming your way in the long term.
5. Adding friends, followers and Associates on all the big social networks consistently will give you are large exposure to prospects when done consistently over time. As it is not only important to interact on social media it is also important that you have some people or connections to see your content too.
6. Many people will watch you over an extended period of time therefore if you are not consistent with one business or message and hop from one business to the next many of these people will not take part in it or join any business you are in.
7. Team mates and followers generally copy their leaders they don’t look at what you say!! They look at what you do so if you want to build a consistent team that will market your business or services then you will need to show you are consistent too.
8. Being consistent with your social media communication in other words answering/replying to messages and providing value will let people see that you are a real person and not a bot or a scammer . This will also determine how many subscribers and sales you get online too.
9. Lack of consistency or quitting is one of the biggest reasons in the world for failure so if you want to be successful at what you do you need to keep going after the losers have quit. (That is how winners are made)
9 Reasons To Be Consistent In Your Online Business
New Empower Network Funnels
Capture Pages English
21 Day Blogging Challenge Funnel
Inner Circle Join Page
Kick Start Kit
VBS + Affiliate Program for $7 for 7 daysBeach Version:
Truth Or Hype Sales Page
Storm Of opportunity Capture Page
Storm Of Opportunity Sales Page
Capture Pages Spanish
Proof 1-Step (Spanish Language Version)
Proof 2-Step (Spanish Language Version)
- Viral Blogging System: www.empowernetwork.com/viral-blogging-system.php?id=sotiris1
- Inner Circle: www.empowernetwork.com/inner-circle-mastermind.php?id=sotiris1
- Top Producer Formula: www.empowernetwork.com/top-producer-formula.php?id=sotiris1
- Team Building Formula: www.empowernetwork.com/team-building-formula.php?id=sotiris1
- Mass Influence Formula: www.empowernetwork.com/mass-influence-formula.php?id=sotiris1
- BONUS! Kalatu version: www.empowernetwork.com/join-kalatu.php?id=sotiris1
Affiliate Join Page
Kalatu 7 Day Kickstart Package Join